Australian Iranian Society of Victoria (AISOV) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organisation which started its work in 1990 and was officially established in 1991. The entire effort, funding and income of AISOV are used to achieve the following goals:
- Introducing, promotion and empowering of Iranian culture, music, literature and arts
- Provision of social welfare services and assisting Iranians with the priority of AISOV members
- Assisting Iranians residing in Victoria in employment and beginning a career
- Promotion of social, leisure and sport activities
- Establishing communication with public and non-public Australian organisation to introduce enriched Iranian culture to them, inform them of the needs of Iranian community in Victoria and vice versa
All members of AISOV’s management team work voluntarily. The main commitment of AISOV is provision of services to its official members; however, it has always been attempted to provide appropriate services to other non-member Iranians as much as possible.
Dear friends, depending on your interests and skills, you can also play an important and valuable role in assisting others in Iranian community. If you wish to volunteer with AISOV, please refer to Volunteers section and complete the application form. We welcome all of you to build a better community and our doors are open to all Iranians.